I don’t want to write about the Coronavirus.
I’m sure you don’t want to read about it (more than you need to) either.
So, the only time you will see that word in this post is there in that first sentence. However, there are so many things that need to be talked about. We need to think deeply about the issues and circumstances in which we find ourselves.
As Christians, how we act and react right now matters more than ever.
So, in order to speed up the reading process, since I am sure any moment now there will be another press conference or breaking news article, I will list my thoughts in bullet-point form.
As believers in Jesus Christ
- We will not fear.
- We need to use wisdom.
- We need to love our neighbors.
- We need to be proactive and not reactive.
- We must use this time to talk about the Hope that is within us.
- We must be praying that when this is over many people will say, “I became a Christian during the pandemic.
- We must be willing to care for those who cannot care for themselves. (Shopping for supplies, etc.)
- We should hold fast to a sovereign and almighty God.
- We should use this time of forced “slowing down” to grow deeper in our faith and time spent with God in the Bible and prayer.
- We should use technology as a tool to continue to interact with and encourage people during this time.
- We should continue to be The Church.
Will you commit to doing these things with me?
And will you commit to prayer even more so during this time?
- For God’s Will.
- For a cure.
- For those who are weak, hurting, sick, or mourning.
- For the Gospel to spread and take root in people’s hearts.
- For an unprecedented Revival to take hold in Jesus’ Church.
- For God to be Glorified in our words, thoughts, and actions.
Philippians 4:6-7 | John 14:27 | 2 Timothy 1:7